Updated 1 January 2021
We are based in Spain and the information we collect is governed by Spanish law. For the purposes of the Spanish data protection act (“Ley Orgánica de Protección de Datos Personales y Garantía” or, “Organic Law on Data Protection and Guarantee of Digital Rights”) passed in December of 2018, Iaminweb is the data controller (as defined in the Act) of the personal data (as defined in the Act) which we collect from you or which you provide to us through the Barkmatic website. We guarantee to comply with the standards, procedures and requirements laid down in the Act to ensure that your personal data is kept secure and processed fairly and lawfully.
We do not buy, sell, or share personal information.
Iaminweb’s use of personal information under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) 2018
The EU General Data Protection Regulation on 25 May 2018 gives more rights to you as an individual and more obligations to organisations holding your personal data.
Iaminweb carries out cross-border processing of personal data. We are a Spanish based entity which means that the lead data protection supervisory authority is the Agencia Española de Protección de Datos
Lawful basis for processing personal data
The lawful basis for Iaminweb to collect and use personal information relies on two grounds:
a) Iaminweb relies on consent as the lawful basis for processing personal data for marketing purposes, including email marketing. Visitors to our website who sign up to receive Barkmatic newsletters and other occasional email communications from us, must give consent for us to hold their personal data (they have ‘subscribed’) in order for us to communicate with them (for example to promote our products, offer limited period discounts, or announce new products). This personal data is held in a newsletter database on our Magento platform and exported to MailChimp.
Recording and managing consent: We keep a record of when and how we got consent to process personal data, and what an individual was told at the time. We aim to make it easy for individuals to withdraw their consent at any time, and we publicise how to do this. We act on withdrawals of consent as soon as we can.
b) The lawful basis for processing personal data relating to people who order Barkmatic products from our online shop (“customers”) is the ground relating to contracts, Article 6(1)(b), which states that ‘Processing is necessary for the performance of a contract to which the data subject is party or to take steps at the request of the data subject prior to entering into a contract’.
In simple terms, we need to hold certain information about you in order to fulfill our contract with you, by enabling ongoing communication during production, organising shipping, and tracking deliveries.
If you make an online purchase from the barkmatic.com website and during the process you open an account with us, you can later modify the personal data we hold on you by logging into your account. If you checkout as a guest during an online purchase without opening an account, you cannot yourself later modify the data we hold on you.
Not all customers who have ordered goods from us online have chosen to subscribe to our newsletter. As a result, we do not hold their personal details in our newsletter database, but only on our ecommerce platform Magento.
Retention periods for personal data
Personal information collected from people who sign up to receive Barkmatic newsletters and other marketing information will be kept by us for as long as it is useful to us, unless at some point after you have given us the personal data you then ask us to remove your personal data from our records, or we discover that your contact information is no longer accurate.
Personal data collected from customers in order to fulfil our sales contract will be retained only as long as necessary to conclude the transaction and subsequently to meet our legal obligations in relation to audit and income tax.We will only retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements. When deciding what the correct time is to keep the data for we look at its amount, nature and sensitivity, potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure, the processing purposes, if these can be achieved by other means and legal requirements. For tax purposes the law requires us to keep basic information about our customers (including Contact, Identity, Financial and Transaction Data) for six years after they stop being customers. In some circumstances we may anonymise your personal data for research or statistical purposes in which case we may use this information indefinitely without further notice to you.
Rights available to individuals in respect of the processing of personal data
You have the right to withdraw your consent to our processing, use and retention of your personal data. You have the right to lodge a complaint about our processing, use or retention of your personal data with the supervisory authority, the Agencia Española de Protección de Datos
Collection of Information
Information you provide to us
We collect information you provide directly to us. For example, we collect information when you use our website, call us on the phone, create an online account, sign up to receive our emails, participate in a promotion or survey, communicate with us via third party social media sites, request customer support, apply for a job or otherwise communicate with us.
The types of information we may collect include your name, email address, postcode or zip code, billing address, shipping address, phone number, payment card information, product preferences, demographic information and any other information you choose to provide.
In some cases, we may also collect information you provide about others, such as when you purchase a gift card for someone and request that we deliver it electronically, create and share a "wish list" or decide to purchase and ship products to someone. We will use this information to fulfill your requests and may also use that information to send marketing communications to your contact, unless he or she has previously opted out of marketing communications from Barkmatic.
Information we collect automatically
We automatically collect certain information about you when you access or use our website or transact business with us, including:
* Transaction Information: When you purchase or return a product, we may collect information about the transaction, such as product details and the date and location of the purchase/return.
Information we collect from our partners and other sources
We may also obtain information about you from other sources and combine that with information we collect about you. For example, we collect information from shipping platform address database to verify and update mailing addresses.
Use of information
We may use information about you for various purposes, including to:
- *Facilitate and improve your in-store and online shopping experience;
- *Provide the products and services you request, process transactions and send you related information, including confirmations and receipts;
- *Respond to your comments, questions and requests and provide customer service;
- *Communicate with you about products, services, offers, promotions, rewards and events and provide news and information we think will be of interest to you
- *Manage your online account(s) and send you technical notices, updates, security alerts and support and administrative messages;
- *Personalize your online experience and provide advertisements, content or features that match your profile and interests;
- *Monitor and analyze trends, usage and activities;
- *Process and deliver contest, promotion and sweepstakes entries and rewards;
- *Link or combine with information we get from others to help understand your needs and provide you with better service and
- *Carry out any other purpose for which the information was collected.
Sharing of information
- *With vendors, consultants and other service providers who need access to such information to carry out work on our behalf;
- *With our business partners and other third parties for purposes of sending their own direct mail, unless you opt out of this type of sharing by logging into your online account and changing your preferences.
- *In response to a request for information if we believe disclosure is in accordance with any applicable law, regulation or legal process, or as otherwise required by any applicable law, rule or regulation;
- *If we believe your actions are inconsistent with our user agreements or policies, or to protect the rights, property and safety of us or any third party;
- *In connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing or transfer of all or a portion of our business to another company and With your consent or at your direction.
- *We may also share aggregated or de-identified information, which cannot reasonably be used to identify you.
Advertising & analytics services
We take reasonable measures to help protect information about you from loss, theft, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction.
Online account information
You may update, correct or delete your online account information at any time by logging into your account and navigating to the "My Account" page. You can also contact us if you wish to deactivate your online account, but note that we may retain certain information as required by law or for legitimate business purposes. We may also retain cached or archived copies of information about you for a certain period of time.
* To opt out of promotional emails and text messages: Follow the instructions provided in those communications or contact us at [email protected]
When you download or use apps provided by Barkmatic and, where applicable, have requested or consented to location services, we may receive information about your location and your mobile device, including a unique identifier for your device. We may use this information to provide you with location-based services, such as search results, and other personalised content. Most mobile devices allow you to turn off location services.
Most web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually set your browser to remove or reject cookies. Please note that if you choose to remove or reject cookies, this could affect the availability and functionality of our websites. In addition, many web browsers support Do Not Track technology. If you enable Do Not Track, Barkmatic will not use information about your web viewing activities to tailor your online experience on other websites operated by Barkmatic. Note, however, that our third party advertising providers may continue to use information about your web viewing activities to tailor advertising to your interests across different websites even when you have Do Not Track enabled in your browser.